This vacancy has expired and currently you cannot apply to this job.
About the job
The Senior Incident Manager is responsible for executing the Incident Management process for technology to support the business globally. This position is focused primarily on directing and coordinating service restoration when a production incident occurs. The Senior Incident Manager will act as a lead on multiple incidents through the deployment of existing Incident Managers whilst ensuring the underlying causes of incidents are addressed and driving operational stability. Responsible for mobilizing Incident Managers and resolver teams and coordinating their activities to drive and manage the efficient resolution of daily IT-related incidents that impact the Global Pearson Business. This position is responsible for executing Problem Management duties as well.
● Provide cover for all Major Incidents during Asia Pacific coverage hours on weekdays and cover on-call support for weekends on a rota basis.
● Proactively manage the resolution of major incidents in a timely manner, ensuring minimal business impact, and initiate escalation procedure as appropriate, ensuring appropriate levels of communication to Executives and key stakeholders.
● Overseeing multiple incidents at the same time, ensuring Incident Managers are allocated and resources are engaged.
● Undertake and provide Post Incident Reviews (PIR) for major incidents with the focus on identifying process or operational improvements.
● Executing Problem Management responsibilities, including timely delivery of root cause & corrective action documents, trend analysis, executive summaries etc.
● Provide and maintain staff engagement and motivation, becoming a role model for the team and contributing towards One Pearson.
● Share knowledge and experience in the form of coaching, mentoring and training other team members.
● Understand and appreciate the impact of incidents on SLA targets, allowing prioritization and direction.
● Drive achievement of Service Delivery SLA attainment goal, Transitions and Transformations for all clients.
● Working closely with OCC, Problem/Change Management, technical and business groups to improve our maturity levels and adoption of Incident Management processes.
● Working closely with the Manager Incident / Problem Management to identify and adopt process improvements and develop and maintain a truly global Incident Management Team.
1. Essential skills, qualifications and experience
● Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology) or relevant experience
● ITIL V3 Foundation level certification
● Working exposure in an ITIL environment
● Proven technical experience in Global Corporate and Enterprise environments
● Proven track record in Incident Management and Problem Management in Global Corporate and Enterprise environments
● Proven ability to lead teams
● Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives via influence of others
● Demonstrated ability to manage multiple incidents during high-pressure situations, remaining calm and focused under pressure
● Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with both technical and business people in terms they can understand is essential, as is the ability to cooperate with colleagues in other time zones
● Detail and process-orientated and strong customer service skills
● Coaches teams and has proven experience on how to deliver value-added services through defined processes and practices
● Demonstrates thinking consistent with the global nature of the role
● Inspires outstanding performance in difficult circumstances
● Ability to motivate and influence others
● Helps others learn as teacher, coach and mentor; works to create a climate that values continual learning
● Always Learning
● Customer Focused
● Makes it Happen
● Relationship Builder