Water Quality Laboratory Section (WQL)
The role holder is responsible to collect water samples by visiting sites, and
generate reports in an accurate and timely manner, in order to sustain regulatory
compliance and protect customer health. The role holder is also responsible to
verify the instruments calibration for on-site measurement and sample collection.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Visits sites and collects samples, in compliance with standard methodologies, relevant standard operating procedures, standard analytical test methods and health and safety controls
• Completes all relevant checklists prior to entering the field for sample collection, and labels the bottle with sample collection information including site number, date, time etc., in compliance with all established standards
• Prepares, loads and transports sampling materials such as bottles, cool box, labels and other sampling requirements or documents to different site locations
• Monitors actual usage of sample collection equipment and reports to Supervisor Sampling in case of any inadequate stock level of sample collection equipment, chemicals, and material, in order to maintain inventory
• Verifies that all sample collection equipment conforms to specifications prior to use, and documents the verification carried out, by adhering to written equipment operation procedures
• Maintains collection equipment such as field measurement instruments to ensure smooth functioning of sampling process operations stakeholders on matters pertaining to sample analysis on field, sample collection, improvements in the current processes and other concerns.
• Completes all relevant documentation post the sample collection, and prepares sampling reports relevant to sample collection, in a timely manner, as applicable to the role
• Works in cooperation with Quality Assurance and Continual Improvement department on securing and maintaining the ISO 17025 certification under supervisor sampling supervision
• Carries out and ensures the compliance of all activities within the Water Quality Laboratory Section are in-line with Client system (policy, regulations, standards, working instructions, etc ).
Qualification Requirements: (Minimum Requirements)
High school degree or applicable technical certification.
Basic English Language Skills (reading, writing and speaking
More than 3 years in the areas of water quality, water supply and flushing of
water distribution system.
Regular Offsite Work (office):10% to 20%
Travel between venues/sites/offices during office hours between 80% to 90%
Physically fit for sampling related activities.
Email cv to email@example.com
Company Address - Visit Exercutive Serch Ltd, 250, Davidson Road Colombo 4.